6/26/17 Concord, NH starts at 3pm and ends at 7pm EDT
This course is designed to enhance the working knowledge and skill set of the professionals working directly with health care clinicians (PT/PTAs and OT/COTAs) in the management of a variety of edema presentations. Professionals will be instructed on both anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic and venous system as it pertains edema management. It will introduce various edema presentations and participants will learn to recognize the indications and contraindications for compression therapy. A focus of the course will be on the continuum of compression: Etiology and assessment of swelling -> compression product selection -> compression application. There will be ample time for discussion and case study..
This course is being sponsored by Performance Health Academy
At the completion of this course participants will be able to::
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system and how it relates to fluid balance and edema formation.
- Discuss different types of edema presentations
- Identify the different stages of lymphedema
- Identify indication and contraindications for compression therapy
- Compare and contrast different compression products utilized for edema management
- Integrate presentation of swelling and compression choice.
- Apply short stretch compression bandages in the treatment of upper and lower extremity lymphedema.
- Discuss modification of compression wrap to address typical edema presentations.
08:00 - 08:15
08:15 - 08:30
08:30 - 09:15
Anatomy/Physiology of Lymphatic System
09:15 - 09:30
09:45 - 10:30
Compression Principles, Product Description and Choice
10:30 - 12:00
Hands on – Application of upper extremity and lower extremity lymphedema compression wrap
12:00 - 12:30
12:30 - 12:45
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 0.425 CEUs (4.25 Contact Hours) PT/PTAs, OT/COTAs
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (5.3125 PDUs)
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- Pre-Approved for:
- 4.25 Hrs PT/PTAs in AR, IL, KY(66-15-IPKPTA), MD, NJ (2016-527), NM, NV, NY, OH(17S0480),
- 4.25 Hrs OT/COTA in DE
- 4.3 Hrs OT/COTAs in MT(OTP-CEC-LIC-219)
- 5.0 Hrs OT/COTAs in FL(CEB#20-532666)
Course meets requirements for:
PT/PTAs in AK, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN IA, KS, ME, MA, MI, MO, MT, NE, NH, NC, ND, OR, RI, SC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY
CIAO is regognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!