Current exercise prescription is typically based on a structural approach which is often contrary to true neuromuscular function. The BBB course is really about using low-tech, inexpensive tools to get great clinical outcomes. The instructors will show clinicians a different way to make clinical decisions about how to use these tools and provide evidence to support them…facilitating a more functional approach to rehab. This course will teach a paradigm shift in exercise prescription where therapists will be able to design a more functional exercise program based on a combination of orthopedic and neurological approaches. Clinical decision making for a full spectrum from rehabilitation patients to wellness clientele will be presented. The instructor will provide a platform of evidence based clinical reasoning and attendees will learn through labs. Participants will gain new treatment skills using resistance and balance equipment already available in clinics, and will learn a scientific approach for impairment-based exercise progressions using patient positioning and appropriately-dosed exercise prescriptions. This course offers new problem solving skills for PTs, PTAs, ATs, OTs and COTAs that can be used with patients immediately!
**100% Money Back Guarantee if you dont learn something NEW about elastic resistance or elastic bands!**
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the scientific basis for elastic resistance exercise prescription and prescription
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of elastic resistance devices
- Discuss the scientific basis for proprioceptive training and progression
- Demonstrate appropriate use of proprioceptive training devices
07:30 - 08:00
08:00 - 09:30
Elastic Resistance Lecture
09:30 - 10:30
Elastic Resistance Lab
10:45 - 12:00
Elastic Resistance Lab continued
01:00 - 02:30
02:30 - 03:00
03:15 - 04:00
Proprioception Lab continued
04:00 - 04:30
Clinical Questions and Application
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 7.0 hrs (0.7 CEUs) for PT/PTAs, OT/COTAs, ATCs (unless otherwise noted below)
- CIAO is an AOTA Approved Provider #4119 (OT/COTAs)
- CIAO is an IACET Approved Provider
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (7 PDUs)
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- This activity is provided by the TX Board of PT Examiners Accredited Prov. #1602009
- This activity meets the continuing competence requirements for PT/PTA license renewal in TX
- 7.0 hrs PT/PTAs in IL, OK, NY, TX (7 CCUs)
- 8.0 hrs PT/PTAs, OT/COTAs in FL (CP130020579, CE Broker #20-364685)
Course meets requirements for:
Athletic Trainers in all states
PT/PTAs in CO, GA, MO, NC
CIAO is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). CIAO complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, CIAO is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.
CIAO is recognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
CIAO Automatically reports to CE Broker for Florida Occupational and Physical Therapists and Assistants.
Florida SLPs can either use the ASHA CE Participant Form (Bubble Sheet) or self-submit through CE Broker.
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!