There are two ways to participate in this LIVE class:
1. As part of the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida
2. Via LIVE STREAM from anywhere around the world.
Live stream participants will login to the CIAO Website to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor. Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
Course agenda is in Central time, please adjust for your time zone
Getting outcomes in wound care requires putting an array of puzzle pieces together. This course will show participants how those pieces fit together. Seeing the full picture will help the therapist’s clinical understanding of causes, assessments, treatments and prevention. This course will focus on the underlying factors that increase the risk for wounds so a more effective interdisciplinary team can prevent or help with the successful healing of the many different types of wounds. Common problems associated in wound care such as staff education and obtaining the necessary items needed to assist with positive outcomes will be presented. The course will review common misconceptions and mistakes when classifying wound types and staging pressure ulcers. For individuals with diabetes, neuropathy and its consequences will be presented. Participants will leave this course with knowledge to help bring healing and relief to their patients.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- properly stage pressure injury wounds
- differentiate between PAD, PVD and DFU
- distinguish MAID (Moisture Associated incontinence dermatitis) and fungal dermatitis
- choose appropriate dressings for a variety of wounds depending on presentation and wound assessment
- choose appropriate surfaces for bed and chair
- perform Braden scale risk assessment
- assess a wound including etiology, % of necrosis, granulation, epithelial tissues, edge assessment and peri wound skin assessment
Diane Holland PT, CWS, is a physical therapist with 30 years of experience and a clinical specialization in wound care. She has had extensive wound care experience and received her wound care certification (CWS) from the American Academy of Wound Management. In addition, Diane has a background as a Pedorthist with an interest in the prevention and treatment of common foot wounds. By working in a variety of settings Diane has been able to identify, educate, and provide the appropriate interventions for pressure injuries and other chronic wounds. Through education of staff, patients, and caregivers she has been able to achieve positive outcomes to minimize the financial burden for patients and health care facilities.
Financial Disclosures: there are no relevant disclosures
Non-Financial Disclosure: there are no relevant disclosures
09:00 - 10:00
Integumentary System-The largest organ/Problems with healing common to most wounds, wound assessment
10:00 - 11:00
Pressure Injury- Pressure Injury Assessment
11:15 - 11:45
Surfaces for bed/chair and positioning needs
11:45 - 12:15
Lower extremity venous disease- Background/etiology
12:15 - 12:30
Lower extremity venous disease- Treatment and intervention
01:00 - 01:45
Lower extremity arterial disease- background/etiology- treatment and interventions
02:00 - 02:45
Diabetic/neuropathic ulcerations- background/etiology, diabetic ulcerations-treatment and interventions
02:45 - 03:15
Wound dressings/debridement options
03:15 - 04:15
Negative pressure wound therapy/graft
04:15 - 05:00
Case studies- identifying wounds/assessing tissue/Q&A
- Live By Request - This course is available to come to you! Contact us to see how easy that can be. email@example.com
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL. Included with each Live Stream registration is access to the course recording for the 14 days immediately following the broadcast.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 7 Hours
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- This activity is provided by the Texas Board of PT Examiners Accredited Prov #2202009#TX
- This activity meets continuing competence requirements for PT/PTA license renewal in TX
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!