There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE Continuing Education!:):
- in the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
9:00 AM Central (10:00 AM Eastern; 8:00 AM Mountain; 7:00 AM Pacific)
This course will explain the anatomy and physiology of the process of vision from cornea to cortex. Learn how glasses help to provide the best vision possible and how the dynamic process of near vision focusing allows us to see near and far. Discover the anatomy affecting the focusing of an image on the retina and the connections in the brain that affect reading, posture and balance. This course will explain it all in a fun and interesting way
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the static and dynamic processes affecting focusing light on the retina
- Recognize the anatomy of the anterior and posterior segments of the eye
- Discuss the visual pathway of the brain
Robert Constantine, OTR\L is a 1997 graduate of University of Alabama at Birmingham Occupational Therapy program where he was awarded the Charles Brooks Award for Creativity. He has practiced in home health, and skilled nursing contexts and spent 9 years as the clinical specialist in brain injury at the West Florida Rehabilitation Institute where he developed a passion for evidenced-based treatment, sharing information and the functional effects of the visual system. Beginning in 2013, he enjoyed a 3 year tenure at an optometry practice where he learned techniques working closely with low vision, pediatric and adult optometrists. He has received Clinical Level 1 and 2 training offered by the Neuro-Optometric Rehab Association. He was also instructed in sports vision training working with the High Performance Vision Associates, a national group of optometrists that offer sports vision screenings to elite athletes. He developed specialized Drag Racing Glasses and has worked with NHRA Sportsman and Professional Drag Racers. He continues to provide vision rehabilitation services to pediatric and adult patients at the Pearl Nelson Center and Kindred at Home in Pensacola, Florida. Robert has been a national and international presenter for since 2016. His courses are engaging and full of personal experience and the latest evidence-based research.
Financial Disclosure: Rob receives honoraria from CIAO Seminars for the presentation of this course. Non-Financial Disclosure: None
09:00 - 09:15
09:15 - 09:40
What is Refraction?
09:40 - 10:05
The anatomy of the anterior segment
10:05 - 10:25
Understanding refractive status
10:40 - 10:50
The Near Vision Triad
11:20 - 11:35
Eye Muscles and Innervation
11:35 - 12:05
Visual Pathway of the Brain
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 3 Hours
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider (0.3 ASHA CEUs) bubble sheet submission required
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (3 PDUs)
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- This activity is provided by the Texas Board of PT Examiners Accredited Prov #2202009#TX
- This activity meets continuing competence requirements for PT/PTA license renewal in TX
- The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE
- The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes CIAO Seminars as an Approval Agency to Approve Providers Offering Continuing Competency Courses
- The Physical Therapy Board of California has determined that CIAO meets the standards set forth in section 1399.95 of the CA Code of Regulations
- CIAO is a Rule Approved Provider for the Florida Board of Physical Therapy
- CIAO is an Approved Provider for the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Approved for:
- 3 Hrs. PT/PTAs in AR, CA (CIAO22-48). IL, TX (APTA TX #2202009 for 3 CCUs)
- 3 Hours Registered with CEBroker for OT/COTAs in AL, AZ, GA, LA, MS, SC, TN and PT/PTAs in GA
- 3.5 Hrs. OT/COTAs, PT/PTAs in FL (CE Broker #20-894195)
- 3.6 Hrs. PT/PTAs in NY
Course meets requirements for:
PT/PTAs in AL, AK, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT, NE, NH, NC, ND, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY
0.3 ASHA CEUs
CIAO Automatically reports to CE Broker for Florida Occupational and Physical Therapists and Assistants.
Florida SLPs can either use the ASHA CE Participant Form (Bubble Sheet) or self-submit through CE Broker.
CIAO is recognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
"Very good course for me. I learned a lot about the eys and visual systems.
- Live Streaming or Studio Audience, FL / Mar 2022