There are two ways to participate in this live event, as either part of the live studio audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida or via live stream around the world. Live stream participants will receive instructions in the confirmation e-mail on how to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor. Studio audience seats are limited - so register now! Please contact our office if you have any questions. 850-916-8886.
Course time: 9:00 AM Central (10:00 AM Eastern; 7:00 AM Pacific)
Course time: Noon Central (1:00 PM Eastern; 10:00 AM Pacific)
Drooling is a swallowing problem that can have significant consequences on quality of life as well as overall health and well-being. A speech pathologist has a vital role on the multidisciplinary team to assess saliva management and provide appropriate and functional intervention as well oral and non-oral intake recommendations. This intermediate level course will address the role of saliva, drooling as a swallowing problem, methods to measure severity and frequency, and medical and therapeutic intervention. Case studies and pertinent research will be discussed.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of saliva and the impact of decreased saliva management.
- Identify methods for assessing severity and frequency of drooling.
- Evaluate medical management and referral options.
- Distinguish the predictors and causes of decreased saliva management.
- Select appropriate intervention recommendations.
09:00 - 11:00
OFFERING #1: Two Hour Live Stream (10:00AM-12 Eastern, 7:00AM-9:00 Pacific)
09:00 - 11:00
OFFERED TWICE DURING THE DAY - Times shown are Central - Register for the one that suits you best
09:00 - 09:05
Introduction and objectives
09:05 - 09:30
Impact and prevalence of drooling
09:30 - 10:00
Instrumental and clinical assessment
10:00 - 10:30
Multidisciplinary medical management and therapeutic intervention
10:30 - 10:50
Case studies; research
12:00 - 02:00
OFFERING #2: Two Hour Live Stream (1PM-2PM Eastern, 10AM-12PM Pacific, 11AM - 1PM Mountain)
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch (and interact) from wherever you are or join us in person in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 0.2 CEUs (2.0 Contact Hours)
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider #AAWA (SLP/SLPA) requires bubble sheet submission
- This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!