There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE CEUs!):
- in the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
Course begins: 9:00 AM Central (10:00 AM Eastern; 8:00 AM Mountain; 7:00 AM Pacific)
1:00 PM Central (2:00 PM Eastern; 12:00 PM Mountain; 11:00 AM (noon) Pacific)
Please contact our office if you have any questions. 850-916-8886.
A therapist’s aspiration for children with High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder (HFASD) is to help them live successfully in society. This course will discuss sensory system dysfunction for children with HFASD and how this impacts attainment with quality sleep, eating a balanced diet, consistent hygiene routines, and social skills and playing. Neuroscience foundations, current research, and solution options will be examined to determine effective evidence-based interventions. This course will offer problem-solving approaches for helping children with HFASD in the community, at home, and in school environments. Participants will gain practical strategies addressing activities of daily living for HFASD. Sensory simulations will help participants understand the struggles children with HFASD experience. Case studies will be presented to offer real-life scenarios.
AOTA Classification Codes
Domain of OT: Areas of Occupation, Context Environment
OT Process: Intervention
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine sensory systems and the impact of dysfunction on children with HFASD
- Discuss current research that addresses evidence-based practices for children with HFASD
- Identify neurological differences in the brains of children with HFASD and how this impacts childhood occupations
- Develop a variety of sensory interventions for children with HFASD that facilitate successful independence with activities of daily living
09:00 - 09:15
Distinguish the evolution of diagnosis from Asperger Syndrome to HFASD
09:15 - 09:30
Acquire evidence-based data about the neuroscience foundations for individuals with HFASD
09:30 - 09:45
Gain knowledge of sensory processing on children with HFASD
09:45 - 10:00
Discuss functions of the sensory systems and their impact on function in individuals with HFASD
10:00 - 10:15
Discuss the therapists’ role in working with children with ASD
10:15 - 10:30
Scrutinize the impact of sensory processing difficulties on childhood occupations for children with HFASD
10:45 - 11:15
Explore problem-solving approaches for helping children with HFASD in the community, at home, & in school environments
11:15 - 11:45
Develop a repertoire of strategies that address success in childhood occupations for children with HFASD
11:45 - 12:00
Implement sensory techniques to help children with HFASD with independence in activities of daily living
12:00 - 12:15
Facilitate solutions for functional independence for children with HFASD
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch (and interact) from wherever you are or join us in person in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 0.3 CEUs (3.0 Contact Hours)
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider #AAWA (SLPs) requires bubble sheet submission
- CIAO is an AOTA Approved Provider #4119 (OT/COTA)
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (3.0 PDUs)
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- This activity is provided by the TBPTE Accredited Prov. #2202009#TX
- This activity meets the continuing competence requirements for PT/PTA license renewal in TX
- Approved for:
- 3.0 Hrs PT/PTAs in AR, IL, TX(3 CCUs)
- 3.6 Hrs PT/PTAs in NY
- 3.5 Hrs OT/COTAs in FL(CE#20-663761)
Contact hours applied for:
Course meets requirements for:
SLP/SLPAs (CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider)
PT/PTAs in AK, AL, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, KY, ME, MO, MA, MI, MO, MT, NE, NC, NH, ND, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY
OT/COTAs (CIAO is an AOTA and NBCOT Approved Provider)
Call CIAO 888-909-CIAO(2426) if you have questions about CE Approval
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive CEU Certificate at the end of the course.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
This course is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs (Inttermediate level, Professional area
CIAO is recognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!