There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE Continuing Education!):
- as part of the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
Course time: 8:00 AM Central (9:00 AM Eastern; 6:00 AM Pacific)
Did you know that your certification may become a requirement to obtain a job, pay increase and better career change opportunities? Are you a student ready to graduate looking for career advice on whether to go to graduate school or find a work setting? Are you a supervisor who needs continuing education updates on national certification changes?Have you always wanted to re-market or brand yourself in a different or similar career path or need help addressing the COVID-19 service disruption?
Well, this course is just for you!
This course is designed for students, early and seasoned career professionals seeking real-life experiential learning advice on how to prepare for the upcoming ASHA certification and supervision requirements in 2020. It also describes the decisional balance matrix, tools and equipment needed to career pivot changes from brick and mortar service provision to telepractice in the healthcare and educational settings in light of COVID-19. Whether you are an assistant or a seasoned professional, this presentation will help you contrast current employment opportunities while evaluating various career path opportunities through nonprofit resources and coaching. Case studies related to the federal and state licensing changes due to the pandemic will be guide you on how to be prepared to navigate through the constantly changing work environment of a speech-language pathology professional. Please don't miss out on this opportunity to get the information you need to be prepared for these time-sensitive changes.
Course Level: Intermediate
Assessment Methods: Q&A, Self-Assessment on Evaluation
For events that are Live Streamed, the streaming participants will verify attendance through codes given throughout course and complete a multiple choice quiz (80% passing score) and evaluation at the end
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contrast the current employment opportunities as an assistant, CFY graduate, and fully licensed professional in response to COVID-19 employment work setting changes
- Delineate/define the ASHA certification changes pertinent to assistant and supervisory roles working in traditional and telepractice educational and healthcare settings (university, school, hospital, clinic, home health)
- Describe various career path opportunities in speech pathology and career pivot career changes resources through multi-media case studies, nonprofit resources and coaching opportunities.
Dr. K.L. Johnson, DrPH, MS, MA, CCC-SLP, CPH, CAS, CPCRT is a multi-lingual, nationally certified speech-language pathologist, linguist, certified autism specialist, certified public health researcher and certified in the practice of cognitive rehabilitation. She is founder and director of the non-profit, Dr. Love’s Healthcare and Dr. Love’s Integrative Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC.
She is CEO and director of K&K Services, whose professional work has been recognized by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, American Public Health Association and featured in BusinessWeek Magazine. For more information, please contact at https://www.drkatjohnson.com/.
Financial Disclosure: Katandria receives honoraria from CIAO for the presentation of her live courses and royalties for the sale of her online courses. Katandria is in private practice and receives legal consultant/expert witness fees.
Non-Financial Disclosure: There are no non-financial relationships to disclose.
08:00 - 08:45
Introduction, literature review
08:45 - 09:30
Overview of ASHA Certification Changes: Assistants
09:30 - 09:45
Overview of ASHA Certification Changes: CFY & Supervisors
10:00 - 10:30
Overview of Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: Assistant
10:30 - 11:00
Overview of Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: CFY
11:00 - 11:30
Overview of Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: Case Study in Texas
12:00 - 12:30
Overview of Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: Case Study in Arizona
12:30 - 01:00
Overview of Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: Case Study in California
01:00 - 01:45
Summary of ASHA, Federal and State Licensing COVID-19 Changes in Speech Pathology: Attendee Personal Application & Group Discussion
02:00 - 02:30
Assistant, CFY, and Supervisor Nonprofit Resources and Coaching Opportunities in Speech Pathology
02:30 - 03:00
Summary, Q&A and Closing Remarks
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 6 Hours
- CIAO is an Approved Provider for ASHA #AAWA (0.6 ASHA CEUs) Bubble Sheet required
This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!