There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE Continuing Education!):
- in the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
Course begins (2 options):
#1) 8:00 AM Central (9:00 AM Eastern; 7:00 AM Mountain; 6:00 AM Pacific)
#2) 12:00 PM Central (1:00 PM Eastern; 11:00 AM Mountain; 10:00 AM Pacific)
Are you a CF Supervisor or CF facing ASHA's 2020 updates on national certification changes? This course is for you!
Designed for speech-language pathologists seeking real-life advice on the upcoming ASHA supervision requirements in 2020. This course will guide you through a decisional balance matrix. Participants will also receive the tools needed to address supervisory provisions for telepractice in the healthcare and educational settings. Case studies related to the supervisory certification changes will demonstrate how to navigate the constantly changing work environment of a speech-language pathology professional. This course is a great experiential learning event for CF Supervisors and CFs who want to be confident with ASHA's new expectations.
Introductory Assessment Methods:
Q&A, Self-Assessment on Evaluation For events that are Live Streamed, the streaming participants will verify attendance through codes given throughout course and complete a multiple choice quiz (80% passing score) and evaluation at the end.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current supervision opportunities as a fully licensed speech-language pathologist (SLP) in employment work settings.
- Compare and contrast the ASHA certification changes pertinent to supervisory roles working in traditional and telepractice educational and healthcare settings (university, school, hospital, clinic, home health)
- Delineate supervision tools to improve SLP’s professional practice.
Dr. Katandria Johnson
MS, MA, CCC-SLP, CAS, CPH, CPC
Dr. K.L. Johnson, DrPH, MS, MA, CCC-SLP, CPH, CAS, CPCRT is a multi-lingual, nationally certified speech-language pathologist, linguist, certified autism specialist, certified public health researcher and certified in the practice of cognitive rehabilitation. She is founder and director of the non-profit, Dr. Love’s Healthcare and Dr. Love’s Integrative Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC.
She is CEO and director of K&K Services, whose professional work has been recognized by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, American Public Health Association and featured in BusinessWeek Magazine. For more information, please contact at https://www.drkatjohnson.com/.
Financial Disclosure: Dr. Johnson receives an honorarium for her live course presentations and royalties for the sale of her online courses through CIAO Seminars. Dr. Johnson is the founder and director of the non-profit, Dr. Love’s Healthcare and Dr. Love’s Integrative Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC. She is also CEO and director of K&K Services, a multilingual healthcare service.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Dr. Johnson is a member and board trustee of People to People International (PTPI).
08:00 - 08:30
Welcome, course objectives review
08:30 - 09:30
ASHA Current Supervision Standards
09:45 - 10:30
Supervision Tools: Self-Assessment
10:30 - 11:00
Supervision Tools: SLP Assistant & CFY Assessment
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 3 Hours
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider #AAWA (0.3 ASHA CEUs) bubble sheet submission required
This course is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Professional Area)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!