There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE Continuing Education!:):
- in the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
8:00 AM Central (9:00 AM Eastern; 7:00 AM Mountain; 6:00 AM Pacific)
Are you an SLP or OT and are struggling to treat Pediatric Feeding Disorder or Selective Feeding Disorder? This course will give you the nuts and bolts of feeding therapy, so you have solid tools for evaluating and treating kids as soon as you go back to work! Build your confidence evaluating and treating a variety of children with sensory, behavioral, and oral motor concerns so you know how to plan your sessions and counsel parents. From evaluation to discharge, we will cover case studies, sensory and behavioral feeding treatment techniques, and what to do in tricky situations. Leave this course feeling ready to take on complex and challenging feeding patients including children with sensory concerns, ASD, oral motor deficits, gastrointestinal concerns, and more.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Complete a comprehensive feeding evaluation with confidence
- Recognize and understand the importance medical implications have on feeding disorders
- Understand why feeding difficulties can be so hard to treat
- Recognize the similarities and differences between treatment approaches and why this matters
- Recommend treatment approaches for various case studies
- Understand how other medical professionals play a role in feeding therapy and how to utilize them
- Recommend treatment options and therapy approaches to parents and caregivers
- Understand the importance of family support and parent buy-in
Kelly Komisaruk, M.Ed. CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist specializing in feeding difficulties located in Florida. After gaining her education at Central Michigan University and The University of Virginia, she moved to Florida to pursue her career. After years of honing her skills working with children, she took on the challenge of being one of the initial therapists at Nemours Children’s Hospital in 2012. Always having a love of feeding, she was a founding member of the Nemours Childrens Hospital Outpatient and Inpatient Intensive Multidisciplinary Feeding Team helping to design and implement both programs. Today, after helping hundreds of children learn to love food, she is proud to offer her services both virtually and in person to the Central Florida area and beyond! She opened up her practice in Lake Nona in 2020 and has grown to offer feeding services to children, teens, and adults. She is about to open up her intensive brick and mortar feeding clinic in 2022 where she plans to expand the services she offers to families nationwide. She has specific interest in helping people with anxiety around food, food phobias, and helping other clinicians learn how to help others enjoy eating!
Financial Disclosure: Kelly receives honoraria from CIAO Seminars for the presentation of this course.
Non-Financial Disclosure: None
08:00 - 08:30
08:30 - 08:45
08:45 - 10:00
Why feeding is so difficult to treat/Various approaches to feeding Treatment
10:15 - 11:15
Medical issues and how they are related to feeding
11:15 - 12:00
How can other professionals help me and the importance of family buy-in
12:30 - 02:00
How to do a comprehensive feeding evaluation with Template
02:15 - 03:30
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 7 Hours
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider (0.7 ASHA CEUs) bubble sheet submission required
- ASHA CE Provider Approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (7 PDUs)
- CIAO is an Approved Provider for the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Approved for:
- 7 Hours Registered with CEBroker for OT/COTAs in AL, AZ, GA, LA, MS, SC, TN
- 8 Hrs. OT/COTAs in FL (CE Broker #20-908165)
Course meets requirements for:
OT/COTAs in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, GA, HI, ID, IA, IN, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT,
OT/COTAs in NE, NV, NH, NJ,, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WY
0.7 ASHA CEUs
CIAO Automatically reports to CE Broker for Florida Occupational and Physical Therapists and Assistants.
Florida SLPs can either use the ASHA CE Participant Form (Bubble Sheet) or self-submit through CE Broker.
CIAO is recognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!