TWO WAYS TO ATTEND:
- Attend as part of the LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- Attend via LIVE STREAM from anywhere around the world. Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer.
- This live event is streamed in real time.
- Course agenda is in Central time, please adjust for your time zone
- Registrants who attend the live broadcast will be able to interact with instructor.
- All registrants will have access to the broadcast recording for 14 days.
- A group may view the course together, however each attendee must be individually registered in order to receive CE credit.
- SLPs - this course is registered with ASHA as Blended Learning. ASHA CEUs may be earned by attending live, viewing the recording, or a combination of both.
- OT/PTs - Participants who need live hours for state license renewal must attend in real time yet, will still have access to the recording for 14 days.
- Attend/view entire course
- Pass multiple choice quiz (80% min score)
- Complete online course evaluation
If we keep doing the same thing, we keep getting the same results. Adding vision rehabilitation to your therapy practice could be the key to better outcomes and new referrals. This course offers real-world-advice from a therapist that has dedicated years developing a ”vision aware” occupational therapy practice. From equipment to marketing and documentation, this course covers it all, in a useful way to help you develop a plan to add patients with visual complaints to your practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the pros and cons of adding vision to your therapy practice
- Create a plan to connect your program with your community and eye doctors
- Adapt documentation and goals to insure reimbursement for your services
Robert Constantine, OTR\L is a 1997 graduate of University of Alabama at Birmingham Occupational Therapy program where he was awarded the Charles Brooks Award for Creativity. He has practiced in home health, and skilled nursing contexts and spent 9 years as the clinical specialist in brain injury at the West Florida Rehabilitation Institute where he developed a passion for evidenced-based treatment, sharing information and the functional effects of the visual system. Beginning in 2013, he enjoyed a 3 year tenure at an optometry practice where he learned techniques working closely with low vision, pediatric and adult optometrists. He has received Clinical Level 1 and 2 training offered by the Neuro-Optometric Rehab Association. He was also instructed in sports vision training working with the High Performance Vision Associates, a national group of optometrists that offer sports vision screenings to elite athletes. He developed specialized Drag Racing Glasses and has worked with NHRA Sportsman and Professional Drag Racers. He continues to provide vision rehabilitation services to pediatric and adult patients at the Pearl Nelson Center and Kindred at Home in Pensacola, Florida. Robert has been a national and international presenter for since 2016. His courses are engaging and full of personal experience and the latest evidence-based research.
Financial Disclosure: Rob receives honoraria from CIAO Seminars for the presentation of this course. Non-Financial Disclosure: None
01:00 - 01:15
01:15 - 01:30
01:30 - 01:45
Finding the Doc
01:45 - 02:10
Staffing and Equipment
02:30 - 02:45
- Live By Request - This course is available to come to you! Contact us to see how easy that can be. email@example.com
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL. Included with each Live Stream registration is access to the course recording for the 14 days immediately following the broadcast.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 2 Hours
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider (0.2 ASHA CEUs) bubble sheet submission required
- This course meets PDU requirements for NBCOT (2 PDUs)
- CIAO is an Illinois Approved Provider for PT/PTA Continuing Education
- CIAO is recognized as an Approved Provider for PT/PTAs by the NYSE Dept State Board for PT
- This activity meets continuing competence requirements for PT/PTA license renewal in TX
- The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE
- The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes CIAO Seminars as an Approval Agency to Approve Providers Offering Continuing Competency Courses
- The Physical Therapy Board of California has determined that CIAO meets the standards set forth in section 1399.95 of the CA Code of Regulations
- CIAO is a Rule Approved Provider for the Florida Board of Physical Therapy
- CIAO is an Approved Provider for the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Approved for:
- 2 Hrs. PT/PTAs in AR, CA (CIAO22-49). IL, TX (APTA TX #2202009 for 2 CCUs)
- 2 Hours Registered with CEBroker for OT/COTAs in AL, AZ, GA, LA, MS, SC, TN and PT/PTAs in GA
- 2 Hrs. OT/COTAs, PT/PTAs in FL (CE Broker #20-894689)
- 2.4 Hrs. PT/PTAs in NY
Course meets requirements for:
PT/PTAs in AL, AK, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT, NE, NH, NC, ND, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY
OT/COTAs in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, GA, HI, ID, IA, IN, KS, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT,
OT/COTAs in NE, NV, NH, NJ,, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WY
CIAO Automatically reports to CE Broker for Florida Occupational and Physical Therapists and Assistants.
Florida SLPs can either use the ASHA CE Participant Form (Bubble Sheet) or self-submit through CE Broker.
0.2 ASHA CEUs
CIAO is recognized on the NBCOT Provider Registry (meets PDU requirements for NBCOT)
"I have taken a couple of Robert's courses, this was so helpful! Thanks for continuing to provide an OT perspective on vision, I especially needed an in-depth discussion on referrals and how to reach out to optometrists and opthalmologists in my area!"
- Live Streaming or Studio Audience, FL / Mar 2022
"Excellent course!! Thank you so much for extending your knowledge and for pushing the continued fight for OT and optometry collaboration!"
- Live Streaming or Studio Audience, FL / Mar 2022