Instructor: Shannon Vogt, tba
The VitalStim DINES Provider's Conference Keynote includes two wonderful presentations:
The first is John Michael and Vickie Night from "JM Strong 24" and Shannon Vogt, NMES Dysphagia Specialist
Shannon Vogt, John Michael's Speech Pathologist, presented her clinical strategies which brought John Michael from peg tube dependent to a successful outcome that experts said will never happen. John Michael was a senior in high school and having just signed his National Letter of Intent to play D1 lacrosse, life was good. Then one December morning it all changed. A massive brain stem stroke left John Michael locked-in, unable to speak or move anything but his eyes. With the worst possible prognosis, John Michael has defied the odds, including having the feeding tube removed following the dedication of his skilled dysphagia therapist.
The second presentation is Meredith Pauly and Chef Christopher Kearse discussing a fine dining experience for people with dysphagia and their families and the backstory of the Dinner with PALS (Persons with ALS) event, . Learn how they did it and get inspired to find a place at the table for people with swallowing disabilities in your own community.
See full course description here
See Conference Page for special discounts
- Computer with internet and working speakers/sound are required for this course.
- Course must be completed within 30 days of activation (activate course within 6 months of purchase).
- An online verification of completion and submission of an online evaluation form are required for successful completion.
- A certificate of completion will be available to print immediately after course is successfully completed.
- SLPs - ASHA CEUs may be obtained by completing the online ASHA form and checking the "Report to ASHA" box.