There are two ways to participate in this live stream event (BOTH count as LIVE Continuing Education!):
- in the LIVE STUDIO audience in Gulf Breeze, Florida - Studio audience seats are limited - so register today!
- via LIVE STREAM around the world - Live stream participants will login to access the event from their computer and interact with the instructor.
8:00 AM Central (9:00 AM Eastern; 7:00 AM Mountain; 6:00 AM Pacific)
Working as a speech language pathologist can be challenging. With mounting paperwork, high caseloads, administrative red tape SLPs may find themselves asking, 'what else can I do with my degree?'.
This introductory course will compliment strengths typical of SLP and help SLPs explore this question further by identifying transferable skills, their strengths and alternative career pathways. This course will also provide guidance on how to complete the job search, resume and interview process to develop services and products in order to generate multi-stream income.
Introductory Assessment Methods:
Q&A, Self-Assessment on Evaluation For events that are Live Streamed, the streaming participants will verify attendance through codes given throughout course and complete a multiple choice quiz (80% passing score) and evaluation at the end.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Participants will identify transferable skills, strengths, and interests.
- Participants will be able to design an action plan for their proposed alternate career paths: other allied health professions, marketing, nutrition and lifestyle medicine that compliment the SLPs skill set.
- Participants will be able to describe ways to market their skills, products and/or services.
- Participants will learn how to conduct job searches, build resumes and sharpen interviewing skills.
Dr. Katandria Johnson
MS, MA, CCC-SLP, CAS, CPH, CPC
Dr. K.L. Johnson, DrPH, MS, MA, CCC-SLP, CPH, CAS, CPCRT is a multi-lingual, nationally certified speech-language pathologist, linguist, certified autism specialist, certified public health researcher and certified in the practice of cognitive rehabilitation. She is founder and director of the non-profit, Dr. Love’s Healthcare and Dr. Love’s Integrative Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC.
She is CEO and director of K&K Services, whose professional work has been recognized by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, American Public Health Association and featured in BusinessWeek Magazine. For more information, please contact at https://www.drkatjohnson.com/.
Financial Disclosure: Dr. Johnson receives an honorarium for her live course presentations and royalties for the sale of her online courses through CIAO Seminars. Dr. Johnson is the founder and director of the non-profit, Dr. Love’s Healthcare and Dr. Love’s Integrative Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC. She is also CEO and director of K&K Services, a multilingual healthcare service.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Dr. Johnson is a member and board trustee of People to People International (PTPI).
08:00 - 08:30
Welcome, course objectives and personal accounts
08:30 - 09:00
How did I get here?
09:00 - 09:30
09:30 - 09:45
Your Strengths and Interests
09:45 - 10:00
Alternate Career Paths
10:15 - 11:15
Putting your plan in action
11:15 - 12:15
Job search, resume building, and interview skills
12:45 - 01:15
Marketing your skills, product and/or service
01:15 - 02:15
Analyzing your marketing strategy
02:30 - 03:30
Final Thoughts, Q & A
- Live Stream - This course is offered from our Live Stream studio. Watch and interact with the instructor from wherever you are or join us as part of the studio audience in sunny Gulf Breeze, FL.
Contact hours pre-approved for:
- 6 Hours
- CIAO is an ASHA Approved Provider #AAWA (0.6 ASHA CEUs) bubble sheet submission required
This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Professional Area)
This is a new course, there are currently no reviews. Please check back. Thank you and have a great day, CIAO!