Instructor: Elizabeth Harvey, PT, DPT, MSR, CKTI
It has long been established that the somatosensory system drives motor behaviors. This course will introduce "sensory point taping" (SPT) strategies for pediatric populations. This taping application method focuses on stimulation of the sensory system (Sensory), using the minimal effective dose (Point), with a gentle tape product (Kinesio Light Touch). The SPT method may be preferred for pediatric and geriatric populations with fragile skin. The instructor will discuss how elastic taping applications may be adapted to encourage motor control and safety as an adjunct See full course description here
See Conference Page for special discounts
- Computer with internet and working speakers/sound are required for this course.
- Course must be completed within 30 days of activation (activate course within 6 months of purchase).
- An online verification of completion and submission of an online evaluation form are required for successful completion.
- A certificate of completion will be available to print immediately after course is successfully completed.
- SLPs - ASHA CEUs may be obtained by completing the online ASHA form and checking the "Report to ASHA" box.