Instructor: Kelly Salmon, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, NDC
More than 30,000 dysphagia specialists use NMES for treating dysphagia. With increased interest, comes increased questions and concern. This interactive live stream forum will answer current hot topic questions regarding NMES for dysphagia. The instructor, who has earned a Specialty Certificate and credentials as a Certified NMES for Swallowing (NDC) in NMES for dysphagia will clarify many questions surrounding the use of this modality, including the following:
Evidence (research) surrounding NMES for dysphagia
Safe and unsafe use of NMES for dysphagia
Controversy of placing electrodes below the hyoid
See full course description here
See Conference Page for special discounts
- Computer with internet and working speakers/sound are required for this course.
- Course must be completed within 30 days of activation (activate course within 6 months of purchase).
- An online verification of completion and submission of an online evaluation form are required for successful completion.
- A certificate of completion will be available to print immediately after course is successfully completed.
- SLPs - ASHA CEUs may be obtained by completing the online ASHA form and checking the "Report to ASHA" box.